Email marketing has been around for decades, but the rise of social media and other digital marketing channels pushed it aside for years, however email marketing is making a comeback! With the right strategy, email campaigns are a timely, effective and cost-efficient way to reach your target customers.
Here are 5 reasons why email marketing is, and will always be, relevant (until we have holographic mail) and how you can use it to your advantage.
- First, email campaigns allow you to target specific customers with your tailored messages. This makes it easier for you to personalize your message and reach the right people with the right message.
- Second, email marketing offers better ROI than other forms of digital advertising such as social media or search engine optimization (SEO). The cost per click on an email campaign is much lower than other forms of digital advertising.
- Third, email marketing is easy to measure, track, and re-tool. Most email marketing tools offer the ability to track what happens after you have sent out your email campaign. You can track delivery rates, bounce rates, unsubscribe rates, click through rates, and open rates. This gives you a better understanding of how your email campaigns are working, which ones to tweak or which ones to get rid of altogether.
- Fourth, email campaigns can be automated to save time and money while delivering more consistent results. This allows you to work on other marketing items in parallel while your campaign is running and delivering in the background.
- Fifth, it can sell!!!! Email marketing offers many advantages and selling products is one of them. That said, success depends on how you go about it and the approach you take. It is essential to leverage all the customer data and insights available in order to make informed decisions and improve performance. Treating customers with personalized offers on their birthday or alerting them about discounted prices on their favorite dishes can be much more impactful than just sending them a menu.
To bring this all full circle, emails should be used as part of an integrated, omni-channel marketing strategy that combines the majority of digital channels for maximum impact. If you sell a product or a service you should have an email blast marketing plan to ensure you are not only getting the most out of every revenue generating platform, but that you also generate metadata for SEO along the way!